This dish is light and fresh, a perfect meal on a hot summer evening. I have served it with rice, roasted potatoes, various steamed vegetables or a salad and it has been a hit every time. I hope you give this one a try, you will not be sorry and even the most picky eaters I have served have enjoyed this dish.
Grilled Sea Bass Filets
- 1/4 C extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 T freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Few sprigs parsley
- 1/8 t freshly ground pepper
- 4 filets striped bass, skin on (about 6 ounces each)
- Combine oil, lemon juice, parsley and pepper in a large shallow bowl
- Add the fish to marinade, and turn to coat; cover with plastic wrap, and place in the refrigerator 30 minutes
- Heat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat
- Remove fish from marinade, letting excess drip off
- Place on grill, and season with salt (skin side down if your filets have skin)
- Grill until skin is lightly browned and starting to crisp
- Carefully turn filets, and cook until well browned and cooked through (center will be opaque), 5 to 6 minutes
Mix together your marinade ingredients.
Pour marinade over fish filets, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Place the fish on your heated indoor grill or you can place them on foil and use an outdoor grill. Cook for 5-7 minutes per side.
Plate and top with the Strawberry Basil Bruschetta.
Strawberry Basil Bruschetta
- 2 C diced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 C sliced fresh basil leaves
- 2 T balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 T olive oil
- 1/2 t ground black pepper
- 1/8 t salt
Mix everything in a medium mixing bowl
For best results, mix it up early in the day and allow to sit out for a few hours, so that the berries can soak up the flavors.
The flavours of the bruschetta compliment the fish and together they are absolutely delicious!